Sunday, April 28, 2013

Jill and Chris are legally married! Woohoo!!!

Chris & Jill in Ballard - Patricia Stimac, Seattle Wedding Officiant
This was a most wonderful day!  Jill and Chris traveled from Michigan to wed in Seattle.  We had talked on the phone and created their ceremony long distance so it was a true pleasure to actual meet these two great ladies.

Jill's brother lives in Ballard, which is where the wedding took place.




The two along with family members went to Pike Place Market to buy some flowers for their wedding and to take in the sights and sounds and tastes.



Chris pins flower on Jill - Patricia Stimac, Seattle Wedding Officiant

Chris talking to relatives via Skype - Patricia Stimac, Seattle Wedding Officiant



In preparation for the big moment, Chris connected via Skype with her 91-year-old mother and other family members.  Technology can be so useful at times ... and this is one of them.













While that connection was being made, I was filling out the marriage documents which would be signed after the ceremony.
Wedding Certificate for Chris & Jill - Patricia Stimac, Seattle Wedding Officiant

Family wedding ceremonies - Patricia Stimac, Seattle Wedding Officiant
We all gathered in the living room.  Generations of family.  It was a sweet moment.

The nieces, Madeleine and Gillian presented this reading, which I love.  Here are a few lines:
You are not the air that I breathe,
You are the sweet scent that drifts upon it
You are not the sounds that I hear,
You are the music of my life ... 

... It is your friendship that guides me as I learn and grow
It is your patience and wisdom that calms my restless nature
It is through you that I know my true self

Jill and Chris shared their vows, then read a poem written by Richard W. Weber.  They have read it to each other on every Christmas they have been together.
Jill and Chris read poem to each other - Patricia Stimac, Seattle Wedding Officiant

Chris:     I give to you my heart and soul



Jill:         I give to you

               Life within my hand

               And all happiness that I can



Chris:     I give to you

               Part of me

               And all for what I stand



Jill:         I give to you

               The moment shared

               When two people touch hand in hand



Chris:     I give to you

               The sunset

               And the fallen night

               With its stars so bright



Chris and Jill:

               I give to you

  The life we can share

  And all the love that I can. 

Chris and Jill's wedding rings - Patricia Stimac, Seattle Wedding Officiant

Todd and Barbara presented the rings. Jill gave Chris a ring of silver and gold on their first Christmas together in 1984 – the silver a symbol of the newness of their friendship and the gold, a symbol that they would become old friends together.  





Jill's brother and SIL present the wedding rings - Patricia Stimac, Seattle Wedding Officiant


On their 16th Christmas together, they had matching rings of woven silver and gold made.  Those rings were then been wrapped in bands of gold melted from rings given by Jill and Chris’s mothers to created their wedding bands.

Emily and Jeanne perform - Patricia Stimac, Seattle Wedding Officiant





Then, Emily and Jeanne, performed Grow Old Along With Me.  Chris and Jill love music and this song was so perfect.



Jill & Chris with marriage certificate - Patricia Stimac, Seattle Wedding Officiant








The happy couple were officially married!  Time to celebrate their legal union ...

Toasting and wedding rings - Patricia Stimac, Seattle Wedding Officiant










and enjoy the great food.


Spectacular cake display - Patricia Stimac, Seattle Wedding Officiant
Wishing Jill and Chris a future filled with love and happiness.

To plan your wedding ceremony from near or far, to include long-standing traditions and to connect with those across the county, give us a call at 206-789-9788 or contact us at our website.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you again for helping us make our wedding so memorable. Chris says she noticed you singing along with us and Kate Wolf's "Give Yourself to Love" - how fun! We couldn't resist singing and it fit our desire for a casual atmosphere as well. It's one of our favorite songs that are wedding material.

I don't know if you noticed that as you were talking about the silver and gold rings, I started to sing "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold?" It's a standard Girl Scout round that is the basis for us choosing that design for our rings. Anyway, Chris gave me a look to "behave"! Somehow that day I just couldn't keep from smiling!

Thanks again!

Jill