We found the perfect place in front of a mock orange tree. It was in full bloom: both beautiful to look at and scrumptious to smell.
The two want to keep their wedding private because they will soon have a public ceremony.
So why have a private ceremony?
There are so many reasons, assuming the couple are truly in love and have seriously considered their decision. (Kent always says that marriage is THE most important decision in life):
- If the bride or groom are in the military, it may be advantageous to be married in order to receive military housing or other benefits.
- If either needs insurance coverage.
- If they want a destination wedding with just the two of them in Seattle.
- If they want a destination wedding in a foreign country and want to be sure their marriage is recognized in the United States.
- If they are located far from family and friends.
- If there are immigration concerns.
- If one is seriously ill and the healthy spouse needs to be able to have access to the other spouse.
- If the couple has financial concerns.
- If there are children involved.
- If the two are ready to be together and aren't ready to have it publicly known.
Remember, a private ceremony can be a very sweet and intimate experience, filled with loving emotion and hope.
Kent and I both enjoy officiating them.
If you are looking for an officiant for your private wedding ceremony, give us a call at 206-789-9788 or contact us through our website.